2010/01/15

Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me in HD (Premiere!)

The HD premier of the motion picture, Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me was on HD Net Movies this month (still on this month if you missed it - you are watching this channel, right? They show tons of yet-to-be-released-on-Blu-Ray HD movies). Picture quality was pretty good, little bit dirty at times but better than the DVD I think. I was excited to watch it as I hadn't seen it in a while. But now, after seeing it, I really don't think I need to see it again. I mean, it is really, really, depressing! Not quite on the Dancer In The Dark or Requiem For A Dream scale (I will NEVER watch those movies again!), but it's pretty close up there.

**SPOILER** (highlight to read) Still can't believe I never understood before after watching 2 or 3 times that the Dad also had raped his daughter?! **END SPOILER**

Geez, what a happy, little film! How could Lynch have even thought people would want more of this after the TV show?? A good example of how a prequel was not necessary. The TV show was able to convey the badness well enough I think (well, maybe not totally, but this movie was overkill). For me, just Laura's theme alone was able to convey the tragedy for me (what a beautiful theme!). I watched the pilot again and I have to say that I still tear up when it is played! :o   The film is technically well done (I mean, I was sad..) and is interesting story-wise for Twin Peaks fans. Still I'd have a hard time sitting through it again. That said, I would really like to see the often-rumored deleted scenes. Apparently there's quite a bit and some French company is sitting on them and Lynch needs money to restore the scenes to his level of quality before they can be released.  Someday??

OK, and if you don't know what Twin Peaks is...well, just go find some clips on You Tube or read  up on it on Wikipedia...It was a great, strange TV show (have to say, its 90s fashion and wired telephones is dating it more than I thought!).  If you like what you see, go rent the Gold Box.  It's great stuff.

On a lighter note, almost done with Spies Like Us! :)

No comments: